THE DYNAMIC EARTH: A BLOG ABOUT GEOLOGY AND THE EARTH SCIENCES

Monday, March 1, 2010

Darwin and Earthquakes, on CNN

I found an interesting little article on CNN's website today: it's a brief write-up of Darwin's own Chilean earthquake experience in 1835, with some excerpts from The Voyage of the Beagle, including his musings on geology, rates, and processes. The piece is written by a historian of science, John van Wyhe, and reiterates that the Earth, just like Darwin observed and recognized, is a dynamic system.

You can read the article here.

1 comment:

Garmin Nuvi said...

I did not know the entire benefits of Garmin Nuvi Update. But since I have read this blog on map update, I have installed all available updates for my Garmin device. I must say that this piece of blog has helped me improve navigation experience. I am not suggesting all my friends to read this blog and get Garmin Express Update with this team. For detailed information, you can contact us at toll-free number +1 888-309-0939. Our Garmin GPS professionals will provide instant help.